CEHS Plan of Operation during Stay at Home Mandate:
During this time of the Stay at Home Mandate, CEHS will follow these guidelines:
- CEHS personnel will respond to inquiries via email, usually within the hour.
- Messages left on the main number (618-453-7180) will be checked twice per day.
- The office fax will be checked weekly.
- CEHS employees will only be on campus for emergencies and time sensitive permit required activities.
- Campus waste pickups will not be scheduled until after the Stay at Home Mandate has been lifted by the governor, unless there is an emergency situation.
- Training will resume after the Stay at Home Mandate has been lifted by the governor
- Submit all accident reports via e-mail to Tatiana Sherrill (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Report all accidental releases to Leslie Korando (email@example.com).
- Submit all radiological inquiries to Matt Barnstable (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Other inquiries may be directed to Deb Sarvela (email@example.com), or to the appropriate staff member listed on this website.
Stay up to date on all campus business process changes by visiting the COVID-19 Updates page on the Campus Business Procedures website.
The Center for Environmental Health and Safety (CEHS) was formed to coordinate all activities associated with the environmental regulatory compliance for Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
The Center is comprised of four sections:
- Environmental Compliance
- Laboratory and Hazardous Waste
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Radiation Safety
Together, these sections work on monitoring Federal and State laws, determining their effects on the University, and advising proper action. CEHS reports to the Executive Director of Finance.
- Biological Waste Pick-up Schedule
- Laboratory Supplies
- DEA Registration
- Looking for On Campus Training?
- National Safety Council Safety Tips
- Dirty Lab Coats?